Thursday, November 03, 2016

The secret of success is the consistency of purpose

So basically i waited another 2 years for my next blog posting ..
If that isn't the epitomy/epitome(unlikely epitope)  of procrastination , i am not sure what is.. hahaha

2/11/2016 was our 4th wedding anniversary . It has been a very happy 4 years. Alhamdulillah - here's to another 40 more years insya-Allah .

Prior to that something mildly peculiar happened - got a call from a familiar random number - looked like a scam number. Didn't answer - was too occupied with the new PS4 that the Missus got me.

I would like to say that i didn't make any post for the past 2 years because i was busy for my Part I exams . Lucky number 4 - passed it on my 4th attempt - Alhamdulillah

Came back from work today - saw that the car was scratched at the back end of the car - suspecting the work of a random stranger or a white whale . My initial response was understandably not receptive/furious - getting your car scratched for no reason is not something pleasant,especially if you didn't hit/scratch any car or double parked.

I considered numerous alternatives
1) Facebook rant as usual
2) Doa for revenge
3) Hendap kereta kat parking lot besok

Then i thought about all the above options , imagined all the time and effort it would take and made the most logical decision , play FIFA 17. Oh yeah , forgive and forget too .

The Prophet ﷺ said that: “Whoever suffers an injury and forgives (the person responsible), God will raise his status to a higher degree and remove one of his sins” (Al-Tirmidhi).

Age has mellowed me , for the better i would feel. I do not see the point of unnecessary conflict/drama. Takes up too much time and effort (physically and emotionally ) . In other words , I am just too old for this shit .
In the grand scheme of things , this was just a minor hiccup - no lasting harm (apart from the resale value of the car) .

Now I am just sat here at my table - listening to Sheila on 7 and Peterpan.
I am content, Alhamdulillah.

I  really do understand the saying 'everything happens for a reason '.

1 comment :

dr.dija said...

Oh my..dah kenapa asyik letak So7 ni??
Hahhahah teringat zaman zaman IMU