Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Feeling a bit under the weather.. and a story...



Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge..

Sometimes I feel like I don't have a partner
Sometimes I feel like my only friend
Is the city I live in, the city of angels
Lonely as I am, together we cry

I drive on her streets 'cause she's my companion
I walk through her hills 'cause she knows who I am
She sees my good deeds and she kisses me windy
I never worry, now that is a lie

Well, I don't ever wanna feel like I did that day
Take me to the place I love, take me all the way
I don't ever wanna feel like I did that day
Take me to the place I love, take me all the way
Yeah, yeah, yeah

It's hard to believe that there's nobody out there
It's hard to believe that I'm all alone
At least I have her love, the city she loves me
Lonely as I am, together we cry

Well, I don't ever wanna feel like I did that day
Take me to the place I love, take me all the way
Well, I don't ever wanna feel like I did that day
Take me to the place I love, take me all the way
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Hold me, oh no, no, yeah, yeah
Love me, I say yeah, yeah
(Under the bridge downtown)
(Is where I drew some blood)
Is where I drew some blood

(Under the bridge downtown)
(I could not get enough)
I could not get enough

(Under the bridge downtown)
(Forgot about my love)
Forgot about my love

(Under the bridge downtown)
(I gave my life away)
I gave my life away

Yeah, yeah, yeah
(Away)
No, no, no, yeah, yeah
(Away)
No, no, I say, yeah, yeah
(Away)
Here I stay.

______________________________________________________________

Haha probably the next one is a sort of generic prayer.. not intended for anyone in particular..

a song for the faithful..



I've seen what you can do
I've seen you make miracles and hopeless dreams come true
You've made the heavens and the stars
Everything,
come on how hard
Could it be?

________________________________________________

I'm suddenly moved to write about my grandfathers.. in particular atuk Baba..
Well.. i did only ever meet only one of my grandfathers.. his name was Baba bin Arshad..
He was the grandfather on my mother's side..
This year is the 20th anniversary that he left us..

I did not have the chance to meet my grandfather on my father's side and my grandmother on my mother's side..

I have 3 grandmothers.. 2 direct grandmothers and another one is a step grandmother.. Atuk Babay remarried after his first wife passed away due to oesophageal cancer...

Well enough of digressing..
The only thing i remember of Atuk Baba was that he had a temper.. as per many of our family members.. maybe it's a Malacca thing kot..
He was not really and expressive person.. He was quite stern with his children..
To think of it.. he rarely smiled much.. either he was frowning.. or he had a neutral expression je.. or maybe i can't remember much as i was still a child..
But he loved his grandchildren dearly..
Anytime we would go back to Malacca.. he would complain of us not informing him before coming back.. He'll take his old bike and cycle to town to buy us nasi lemak packets..
Haha my grandfather nih kuat berdehem.. if he didn't like something mula la die..

I don't really have much of a recollection of him..
It's been 2 years since i've had the chance to visit his grave .. which is a normal ritual for our family during raya.. During raya we would always visit the graves of my grandfather and grandmother who is laid to rest next to my Pak Long..
My Pak Long passed away earlier than my grandfather..
We would go at 6.00a.m. in the morning .. and one of the elder cousins would bawakkan tahlil for us then..

He was a very hardworking man, by profession he was a carpenter.. but he also had his own paddy field and some cattle.. He passed away in 1991..
He was working in his 'kebun' , trying to get rid of some bamboo trees, he set it on fire and unfortunately he was stuck in it as it spread to fast.. He succumbed due to injuries sustained in the fire.. I remember we rushed back to Malacca that afternoon and he passed away somewhere before Maghrib.. My family proceeded with the pengebumian that night.. i remember being in the graveyard at midnight.. and the person yang talkinkan dia was Allayarham Sidi Abdul Rashid( who i also miss greatly ) - Sidi Rashid told us that my grandfather meninggal dalam keadaan syahid kecil ( due to the fire ) ...

It is a pity i was not able to get to know him better.. as i was still a child then.. haha when i was little.. they called me Pewai.. as i was not able to walk until i was 2 years old..

Atuk Baba,
Dah 20 tahun atuk pegi..
Moga2 atuk ditempatkan di kalangan org2 yg beriman insya-Allah..


Al- Fatihah kepada..
Nenek Majun ( who is my great grandmother ) -passed away in 1997 due to PGU..
Atuk Daud - passed away long before i was born due to leukaemia..
Nenek Siti - passed away due to oesophageal cancer. she was an adopted daughter from a chinese family.. so i'm 1/8 chinese la konon..
Wo Besar.. - my step grandmother.. passed away circa 1998-99
Pak Long Ripin..
Mak Ngah Limah and Pak Ngah Rahman..
Pak Lang Mat..
Sidi Abdul Rashid
And to all my family members and semua muslimin muslimat..

May Allah bless your souls and shower HIS divine Mercy on all of you
Insya- Allah..

No comments :